Trugs PICS - Ideal for extending VOCABULARY alongside the trugs structured phonics
New trugs PICS: Card games to inspire reading fluency and vocabulary.
- Ideal for ALL Key Stages
- English as a Foreign Language EFL
- English as a Second Language EAL
trugs PICS is designed to support all students learning to read as well as those whose first language is not necessarily English.
- The words are phonetically structured to develop reading skills
- The pictures enable a wider vocabulary
- The words/pictures are grouped into categories to extend understanding of words
trugs PICS extends a wider vocabulary by playing card games using pictures alongside the trugs phonics stages.
trugs PICS Box 1, 2 and 3 contain 4 decks of cards in each box. Each deck has five cards games to play. They can be played as many times as an individual would like as they progress through the trugs phonics Stages. At the same time they are developing their vocabulary and connections of words by matching words/pictures with the different categories.
- 3 games to play in each of the four decks that match picture with word.
- 2 games to play in each of the four decks that match picture and word with categories.
Each trugs Box PICS covers the same five phonics trugs stages as the schools boxes and the trugs at Home boxes. Two of the trugs stages are combined – see structured stages below:
Trugs PICS Box 1
- Stage1 cvc Words like: dog
- Stage 2 ccvc Words like: clap
- Stage 3 cvcc Words like: pond
- Stage 4/5 two syllable/ar,or,er Words like: sunhat/starfish
Trugs PICS Box 2
- Stage 6 split digraph Words like: perfume
- Stage 7 vowel digraphs Words like: peacock
- Stage 8 alt vowel digraphs Words like: flowers
- Stage 9/10 two/three syllable words Words like: zebra/windowsill
Trugs PICS Box 3
- Stage11 soft c Words like: centipede
- Stage 12 soft g Words like: ginger
- Stage 13/14 cle/four syllable words Words like: pineapple/Australia
- Stage 14/15 four syllable words /ti,ci,si Words like: pomegranates/Russia
Extended trugs Phonics WITH Pictures!
Each Box Contains
Card games to inspire reading fluency and vocabulary.
- 4 decks of 36 cards totalling 144 cards
- Each deck has 5 graded games to play
Stages 1 to 5.
Words like: dog, clap, pond and starfish.
Stages 6 to 10.
Words like: perfume, peacock, flowers and windowsill.
Stages 11 to 15.
Words like: centipede, ginger, pineapple and pomegranates.
If you are unsatisfied with any purchase you make from Read Successfully Ltd we will replace or refund the item returned to us within 14 days of receipt. Please notify us if the item was faulty on receipt, otherwise item must be returned unused and undamaged in its original packaging at your expense. Proof of posting should be retained.
We respect your privacy and guarantee that we will not abuse it in any way by passing on your personal details or any information arising from your visit to the Read Successfully site to any third party whatsoever.