trugs PICS is designed to support all students learning to read as well as those whose first language is not necessarily English.
- The words are phonetically structured to develop reading skills
- The pictures enable a wider vocabulary
- The words/pictures are grouped into categories to extend understanding of words
trugs PICS extends a wider vocabulary by playing card games using pictures alongside the trugs phonics stages.
trugs PICS Box 1, 2 and 3 contain 4 decks of cards in each box. Each deck has five cards games to play. They can be played as many times as an individual would like as they progress through the trugs phonics Stages. At the same time they are developing their vocabulary and connections of words by matching words/pictures with the different categories.
- 3 games to play in each of the four decks that match picture with word.
- 2 games to play in each of the four decks that match picture and word with categories.
Each trugs Box PICS covers the same five phonics trugs stages as the schools boxes and the trugs at Home boxes.
Each box contains
Card games to inspire reading fluency and vocabulary.
- 4 decks of 36 cards totalling 144 cards
- Each deck has 5 graded games to play